Guest blogger No. 3 - @Julziasitey

Here we go with another guest blogger. Thanks to those who have helped and to the other two in the pipeline, Yours will be posted soon. If you want to read the two others check out the March archives.

Here's the latest guest blogger, @Julziasitey ...

Hello to everyone that is reading this. Let me introduce myself: My name is Juli. I am 33 years old and I’ve lived my entire life in Connecticut. I am not even sure what else I should tell you but maybe as I explain where I want to go with the Time Machine I will be able to explain it to you so that you can understand.

I’ve thought in great detail about many times that I have regretted things that have happened or things that I never did and should have but none of those is greater than what I actually would do. So with all those other regrets aside I’d go back and do my four years of high school all over again. None of my regrets are as big as this to me.

See I have two younger sisters and my sister, who was the second born was always the favorite and even to this day she still is. Before she was born I was the only grand child on my father’s side of the family and when she came along a lot of things changed for me. As we grew up and the favoring of her became more and more obvious and it was never compliments that I received but more of things like ‘Why can’t you be as smart as your sister?’, ‘You can do better than C’s in school. If your sister can do it you can.” Well, I didn’t look at it that way at all. I really thought there was something wrong with me like as if I had some kind of learning disorder but in the end it was just me being totally lazy.

My high school years weren’t that great for me academically or socially. I had a handful of friends and felt like an outcast. I barely did my homework, studied or even tried to get better than a C. I made honor roll once during the whole four years and even to this day I am not sure how I got that 3.0 because that was what my grade point average to the point was. When my sister came to high school, I tried to hang out with her friends because they actually thought I was cool but instead she and I would wind up screaming at each other in the middle of the hall.

So, in all honesty I’d go back and I’d bust my ass in high school. I’d study, I’d do my homework and I would have been nicer to my sister. When I graduated from high school of the 300 hundred kids that I graduated with I was in the bottom five. My senior year was the worst; I literally tried to get expelled and purposefully tried to fail. To this day I’m not sure who I was trying to spite but I gave myself the short end of the stick. Maybe today I wouldn’t be unemployed and I would have been able to go to a better college than the one that I ended up at.

Yes, I did say I went to college. I went to college in 2004 and I graduated with honors with my associate’s degree. That proved to me that I could have done better in high school if I just tried. My sister and I do now get along but it wasn’t until I was 22 until I finally forgave her for coming along. Oh and did I mention that out of the 3 of us sisters I was the only one that actually finished and graduated college. So much for the favorite child, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment